- What did you learn yesterday?
- What are you going to do today?
- What do you expect to learn?
So…I finally got Stripe working! That was my triumph of the week. Annie had to help me track down a bizarre little bug that was changing my total price to an integer and chopping off the cents that I am absolutely positive that I would never have figured out on my own — all it was saying was that I couldn’t have a charge of less than 50 cents, regardless of the actual total. I thought that it just wasn’t seeing the total, so I fought with that for a while, but Annie realized that if my total was more than $50 I wasn’t getting the error message. My cart had just been so full from my tests that I hadn’t noticed the bug.
Not only did I get Stripe working, but I managed to get the email to work, too! I practically went on a high-fiving tour of the office at the end of the day.
Today I have a few more things to do to satisfy the Cucumber suite.
- After you hit ‘Place order’ on the checkout page, you’re supposed to be shown an order total to review before hitting the final ‘Confirm’ button to send the order.
- After the final confirmation you’re supposed to be shown an order summary
- Your credit card should be saved for future purchases
- If you make another order you should be asked if you want to use your saved credit card
I think these will be relatively easy to implement, but with my track record, who knows. I’m pretty sure that it’ll just be a new page to show everything, but I don’t know how to get Stripe to save a credit card, so that may be a challenge.